Carson McDowell is one of the only firms in Northern Ireland that can claim genuine expertise in the entire spectrum of employment law. Our clients, who span the private, public and voluntary sectors, tell us they value the quality and speed of our technical advice and our ability to provide strategic solutions which balance legal and commercial issues. Above all, they value the importance we place on investing time in getting to know our client’s business and building on personal relationships.
If you would like to join this excellent team and can meet the criteria listed below we want to hear from you:
- Ideally 4-6 year PQE employment specialist but we will consider lower PQE if the other criteria are met;
- Strong contentious and non-contentious employment law experience (including experience of providing employment support on corporate matters);
- Ability to demonstrate deep understanding of areas including TUPE, collective redundancy, discrimination, industrial relations/ trade unions;
- Experience of complex employment policy and procedure (both review and redrafting);
- Ability to juggle a large caseload of contentious matters for high profile clients, including the meeting of regular KPIs;
- The ability and willingness to work as part of a team, but also with limited supervision;
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, including confidence in public speaking;
- Excellent technical and written skills, and attention to detail.
- Experience of advising employer clients on business immigration.
At Carson McDowell in return for your hard work and dedication we will provide every opportunity to develop your skills and experience to ensure you are fully equipped to provide an excellent service.
Applicants should apply by emailing a covering letter and CV to: Marie McKeown, Human Resources Manager, email@example.com