Higher Executive Officer
The Office of the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman (FSPO) was established in 2018 to resolve complaints from consumers against financial service providers and pension providers.
The FSPO provides an independent, fair, impartial, confidential and free service to resolve complaints through mediation, and where necessary by investigation and adjudication.
The Ombudsman has the power to direct a provider to pay compensation of up to €500,000 to a complainant. He can also direct that a provider rectify the conduct that is the subject of the complaint. There is no limit to the value of rectification he can direct.
The FSPO is recruiting for the position of Higher Executive Officer (HEO).
The HEO is a key member of staff in the FSPO, supporting the team structure, cascading organisational strategy and culture to their team and feeding back to management on the day-to-day running of the team.
The successful candidate will ensure consistent quality and output of their team and in their own work. The HEO will coach and support team members and encourage their development.
The successful candidate will:
- Efficiently and effectively progress files
- Manage a team of Executive Officers and/or Clerical Officers
- Supervise and review the drafting of key documents relating to the complaint process
- Regularly measure output and quality
- Monitor adherence to the FSPO’s values and processes
- Be capable of drafting high quality summaries of complaint and decisions which demonstrate an ability to analyse information impartially and think critically, in a timely manner, at all times adhering to fair procedures
- Assist senior management in improving the customer journey
- Assist senior management in ensuring a supportive and inspiring work environment for staff
- Share knowledge and learning, including presenting training on technical topics
- Monitor for issues which may affect other complaint files, and ensure knowledge sharing
- Continuously improve their technical knowledge in the areas of banking, insurance, investments and pensions
In addition to the team management responsibilities outlined above, the successful candidate will also ensure the ongoing development of the team.
The responsibilities outlined above should not be regarded as comprehensive and may be added to or altered as required. Please refer to the candidate information booklet for full job description at www.fspo.ie/careers
Closing date: 3pm, 7 December 2020.
The FSPO is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and encourages applications under all 9 grounds of the Employment Equality Acts.
Cuirfear fáilte roimh chomhfhreagras i nGaeilge