Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Background of the Charities Regulator
The Charities Regulatory Authority (the ‘Charities Regulator’) is an independent statutory body. It was established by the Minister for Justice and Equality on a statutory basis on 16 October 2014 pursuant to the Charities Act 2009. The Charities Regulator is located in Dublin.
he key functions of the Charities Regulator are to establish and maintain a public register of charitable organisations operating in Ireland and ensure compliance with the Charities Acts.
The Charities Regulator also engages in the provision of services to charities through authorising appointments of charity trustees and the disposition of charity property in appropriate cases, and has the power to appoint investigators to investigate the affairs of any charitable organisation.
- The role of Legal Advisor involves providing legal advice to internal clients on a range of legal and regulatory issues across the organisation. These are issues relating to Data Protection, Freedom of Information and Protected Disclosures
- Working with the Charity Services team to ensure that applications are duly recorded and processed efficiently and in a timely manner
- Assessing applications and liaising with applicants or their legal advisors as appropriate and advising on any legal issues that arise.
- Preparing briefing materials and drafting legal instruments for Committee and Board approval
- Managing any assigned staff and ensuring staff performance is managed in accordance with PMDS requirements including in relation to learning and development
For a full job description and application form, please follow the link below
The closing date for applications is 5pm Monday the 30th of November 2020